Last night I tried out this very simple recipe from one of my fave magazines Real Simple:
- 8 ounces mezzi rigatoni or some other short pasta (1/2 box)
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed and quartered
- 1 9-ounce package frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella (8 ounces)
- black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return it to the pot.
- Add the artichoke hearts, spinach, Parmesan, 1 cup of the mozzarella, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the pasta and toss to combine.
- Heat broiler. Transfer the pasta mixture to a shallow 2-quart (or 8-inch square) broilerproof baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cup of mozzarella.
- Broil until the cheese is browned in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.
My only substitution... I added some finely chopped mushrooms and I used some fresh spinach that I had on hand (just sauteed a bit). It was DELICIOUS! Super easy, and very good. Try it sometime!